OVHcloud network issue unresolved since 5 September — Support keeps asking me to wait, I had to buy another VPS just to bypass the problem

I am posting another update because at this point I honestly do not know what else I am supposed to do as a customer.

My OVHcloud VPS has had a source-dependent connectivity problem since 5 September. More than two weeks later, the issue is still unresolved.

I have provided OVHcloud with practically everything they have asked for:

  • affected source IP addresses;
  • working/control source IPs;
  • MTRs and traceroutes;
  • packet captures / PCAPNG;
  • MTU testing;
  • server-side MTU testing;
  • Windows/network configuration checks;
  • firewall tests;
  • HTTP/HTTPS tests;
  • direct TCP connection tests;
  • direct-vs-proxy comparisons.

The problem affects multiple independent services, not just one application:

HTTP / TCP 80
HTTPS / TCP 443
Game server / TCP 2593

There is also no specific ISP, country or region responsible. The affected users appear completely random — different providers, countries and networks. Some users connect perfectly normally while others experience stalls/timeouts.

The most important diagnostic result has been repeated many times:

Affected user → directly to OVHcloud VPS = connection stalls/fails

Same affected user → external VPS at another hosting provider → TCP proxy/tunnel → exact same OVHcloud VPS = works normally

Same Windows server.
Same application.
Same Apache.
Same game server.
Same backend.

Only the network path changes.

Because OVHcloud has still not resolved this issue, I have actually had to pay for an additional VPS at another hosting provider and configure it as a TCP proxy/tunnel just so affected players can continue using my service.

That is the part I find particularly unacceptable: I am paying OVHcloud for the VPS, and I am now also paying another provider to work around a connectivity problem that only started after moving this service to OVHcloud.

The same server/software setup has been used with other hosting providers for many years without anything remotely similar to this.

Support repeatedly tells me that the ticket has been escalated to their specialized/network team and asks me to wait.

But after more than two weeks, I still have:

  • no root cause;
  • no technical findings explaining the issue;
  • no OVH workaround;
  • no estimated resolution time;
  • no clear explanation of what their network team has actually found.

I have also repeatedly been asked to perform more client/server-side tests and change networking parameters on a live production server. I have cooperated extensively, but there has to be a point where OVHcloud investigates its own infrastructure instead of continually sending the customer through another troubleshooting cycle.

Ticket: CS16656385

If anyone from OVHcloud is reading this, please have someone actually follow up with the Network/Infrastructure team responsible for this case.

I am not asking for another generic “your case has been escalated, please wait” response.

After more than two weeks and all of the diagnostics already supplied, I need the problem to be technically investigated and resolved.

A customer should not have to purchase infrastructure from another hosting company to make an OVHcloud VPS reliably reachable.

Additional note:
I also contacted the r/OVHcloud moderators via Mod Mail regarding ticket CS16656385, asking if someone from OVHcloud could help relaunch or follow up the existing escalated case.

I have received no response there either.

So at this point I have an unresolved network issue since 5 September, an escalated support ticket with no technical resolution, an additional VPS that I am paying for just to work around the problem, and even the community escalation channel is not responding.

It is becoming extremely difficult to understand what else a customer is expected to do in order to get an actual technical response.

At some point, “please wait” stops being support and simply becomes inaction.

Hello @nori4z

Call OVH support at +33 9 72 10 10 07.
Preferably between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. in the morning, or around 3 p.m. there is less waiting.

Or already now on Twitter @ovh_support_fr or #OVHcloudsupport

Thanks Gaston, but I am not a French-speaking customer and this is not really a question of finding another support channel anymore.

I already have an existing escalated ticket: CS16656385.

I have contacted Support through the ticket, live chat, OVH Community and Mod Mail. The issue has been ongoing since 5 September, and all technical diagnostics have already been provided.

What I need now is not another phone number or another support entry point — I need the existing Network/Infrastructure investigation to actually move forward and provide technical findings.

I appreciate your attempt to help, but repeatedly redirecting me to French support channels does not solve the underlying issue.